Sunday, April 16, 2006

Visitors

We had 15 at the dinner table this Sunday. Ruth had invited Comfort and Samuel Brewer and their family for dinner and he asked her if he could bring some friends. The Valentine family were their friends from Liberia but had been in Ghana in a refugee camp since 1994. They have been in Saskatoon for only two weeks .

The second picture is Comfort and Samuel.
The third picture is the Valentine family. From left to right: Morley(the dad) and Varnetta(Pinky), Theotis, Roberto, and Anju Jarsayway.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of those reasons I like this family so much: you never know whom you invite over.
I'm sure it was blast to have a full house and I am sure Ruth did a great job on the food.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

looks like a fun party to me! I've always loved how you two were so inviting to people who happened to be through town or would show up at church. I know the Africans appreciate the love you show them and including them in your meal celebration. Family is so important to Africans and it's hard to be far from home, but I think you are giving them a beautiful slice of Canadian family and Christian love.

Anonymous said...

I just read your profile.

If I recall, you're STILL hauling in water.